30 March 2009

I Heart John Legend!



I remember mentioning in my earlier blog that if John comes to Manila, I am going to watch his concert. And I did. Last Thursday. I oh so heart him!!!!

With my two sisters in tow (actually, with Rose and Patty, one of my high school best friends), we watched John Legend at the Araneta. Concert ticket said the show starwill start at 8:00pm. As usual, it started after 8:30pm but it doesn't matter. When the lights were turned down, signalling that the show was about to start, the band started to play. Everyone got so excited waiting for John to appear on stage but all of a sudden, loud shrieks came from the VIP section below us. John Legend came from the back walking through the crowd to the stage. He was so cool, tapping hands that came his way.

He sang songs mostly from his new CD, Evolver, like "Everybody Knows," "No Other Love," "This Time," "Green Light" and my personal favorite "Take Me Away." But he didn't disappoint, he sang his hits from his previous CDs inlcuding "Save Room," "PDA," "Let's Get Lifted," Number One," "Save Room" and his encore song "Ordinary People."

When he sang "Slow Dance," he got a lady from the audience to come up on stage and did some dirty dancing with her. Whoa!!! Hahahahahaha!

We went home happy and satisfied. It was FUN!!! I heart John Legend!!!!

Got more pictures here.