28 November 2009

Of Books and Deliveries...

Since last week, excited about our next trip (which is still in September 2010 hahahahaha), my sister and I have been going around Manila's bookstores for a particular travel guide book. We did find one at National bookstore at Shang but it was already removed from its plastic, it didn't look new, it was creased and just plain ugly (note that these travel books are worth more than PhP1,000) and it was the only copy. So I decided to have it ordered from this popular travel guide company's website.

On Tuesday, 17 November, availing of their buy 3-pay 2 only promo, I ordered 2 city guide books and one phrase book. (Actually, there was some problem [double order] when I went online but the staff at the online consumer shop sales was a big help and was able to cancel the second one -- thanks, Amanda!) The next day, I received the confirmation email saying that the books have been shipped (Yey!). Expected delivery date is Friday, 20 November 2009 (double Yey!). So I waited and waited (keeping tabs on the tracking services). Finally, by 20 November, the package arrived in Paranaque (sort facility). But I was still keeping my fingers crosssed that they'd deliver it that day. When I got home, I asked people at home if a package was delivered. None they said. When I tracked the package, it was still "Int'l shipment release - location Paranaque PH." So I called their local partner's number and inquired the status (because I was expecting it to be delivered on 20 November) and said that it was still in Paranaque and might be delivered on Monday. Arghhhhh.

Next day Saturday, out of curiosity, I tracked again the package and it showed that it was "At local xx facility - Pasig PH." I was thinking, it might get delivered today after all. Great! I checked their website and yes, they do deliver on Saturdays. So I called the company and inquired if it will be delivered today (kulit!). The call agent said that it was still for release and cannot assure me that it will be delivered today but had already put a red tag on the delivery. By this time, I was still hoping that I will get the package anytime, or else, Monday it is.

After lunch, I tracked the package and the entries were 21 November 10:33AM "On xxxx vehicle for delivery - location PASIG PH" and 21 November 10:35AM "Delivery exception - Pasig PH - Held, unable to collect payment" and 12:20PM "At local xx facility - Paranaque PH" Wait a minute! Something's not right. Before I called, I asked people at home if a package was delivered or if a delivery person came, again they said none. So I called the company and inquired. I asked why was the package returned to Paranaque, and why was the tracking message showing "Held, unable to collect payment" when no one from the company came to deliver? The call agent put me on hold and when she came back she said "Sorry po, Ma'm. Wala pong delivery truck na available kanina. Pag ganun po, binabalik sa Paranaque office." ARGHHHHH! Walang delivery truck pero merong truck na ginamit pagbalik sa Paranaque? ARGHHHHH!

Oh well. So much for additional courier delivery of US$20. Ughhhh!

So, no chance of getting the package on Sunday (they're closed on Sundays). We all have to rest.

Monday. When I got home, expecting that the package was waiting for me, I was welcomed by "Ate, meron pa daw babayaran, kaya hindi iniwan yung package." The additional was PhP1,665 for duties and taxes. This made me upset again. HOW COME I TALKED TO THEM ON THE PHONE TWICE ON SATURDAY AND THEY NEVER TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO PAY THIS AMOUNT. HOW COME????????

Of course, I had to make another phone call. This time, the call agent was apologetic. I said this is unacceptable. The call agents even confirmed my contact numbers last Saturday and they didn't even bother to call to inform me that I had to pay this amount????

Waahhhhhh!

Ending: It was delivered the next day. US$20 + PhP1,665 + cost of the books. Took them 7 days (still better than ordinary mail which will take 3-4 weeks).

Anyway, I love the books. It was all worth it. Bad experience lang. But I will give them another chance...Let's see (sana nakalimutan na nila pangalan ko bwahahahahahahahaha)

(If you are able to figure out the companies involved, or would like to know who they are, let me know)

No comments: