15 August 2010

Just Like in "Ratatouille"

Have you gone lately to St. Francis Square in Ortigas? Most likely you have seen the Manila Scramble near the entrance. "Scramble?" you might ask. Yes! That pink glob with crushed ice that we enjoyed when we were kids (yes "we" -- you and me)! I know it's street food, but it was one of the best street food back then.

When I first saw the stand the other day, I couldn't believe that it was THE SCRAMBLE with the oh so familiar pink color. My friend R bought one for himself but I was so full already (this was after lunch). I told myself I'll comeback to try it one of these days.

When my sister and I went to SFS this afternoon, we tried it and all I could say was, "The taste brought back so much memory" with a big grin, of course. Sayang, I wasn't able to take pictures.

By the way, you can also choose a topping or 2 (or even 3) to go with your scramble. We ordered the regular (no topping), too bad, it did not come with the red sago (tapioca!). That would have completed my raving.

You should go and try it yourself...and you know what, they also gave a small spoon, but I remember "drinking" it with no spoon. HA! Now I remember, it's the original BRAIN FREEZE!

5 comments:

Kaje said...

hello! i know right?! i also blogged about it kasi sobrang tuwan tuwa kami ni badong nung makita namin ang stall sa SM North! Ang first "brand" I think ay yung Icebreaker Scramble sa SM North. Nakatikim ako ng ibang brand pero mas tama sa panlasa yung Icebreaker :)

jellybelly said...

Reeeeya, I haven't tried it yet. Nakita ko sa Galleria ang haba haba haba ng pila

Reeyah said...

@Kaje: gusto ko rin try yung ibang brand. Biro mo yun, generic lang nung araw, ngayon may brand na?!?!

@jellybelly: try it! sobra!

jellybelly said...

reeyah! na try ko na. manila scramble sa galle at yung sa megamall na ibang brand. mas mura sa galle. pareho lang naman masarap. i had small nung una, second balik, medium, third balik large hahahaha

Reeyah said...

@jellybelly, I want to try it, too!