13 August 2008

After the Storm

(sharing lang...)

It's very hard to lose a love one, lalo na kung magulang. I should know.

Biro mo, lagi natin silang kasama since nung maliit pa tayo hanggang sa paglaki natin. Andyan lang sila sa tabi natin. Parang pader ba.

I really felt a void after I lost my Dad. It was only after that I realized how much I loved him, how important he was. Nung mawala siya, dun ko na na-realize na kung kahit brown out, na sobrang dilim (uso brown out noon), basta alam kong andyan siya with us, walang rason para matakot. Maliit na bagay pero ang lakas ng dating sa akin.

When I went back to work after a week, I felt some kind of attachment to everyone who was close to me. Ang weird talaga. Call it senti or arte pero totoo ito. I realized and was suddenly afraid I could lose them anytime.

I miss my Dad. I miss my Mama. But I know they are happy. I am comforted with the thought na hindi na mahihirapan si Mama. God is always good and He knows what is best.

A former boss told me, "You're lucky if you still have a parent. You are extremely lucky if you still have both your parents."

Kaya kayo, love your parents.

As for me, don't worry, I'm okay.

4 comments:

Claire said...

*cler hugs reeya*

jellybelly said...

yeah, i know how you feel. nine years after my mom passed away i still miss her.

oh captain my captain said...

my prayers are with your mama and papa. but more than that, my prayers are with those they left behind. during dark times, always remember this... even the falling of the leaves has a meaning. god bless reeya.

Reeyah said...

@claire: *reeya hugs claire back*

@jellybelly: *reeya hugs jellybelly*

@oh captain my captain: thanks! pa hug ha =)