20 September 2007

Mga Pare Ko

Sarah, Divine, Dina and Me (not in picture: Flor)

We've been friends since '93 (I was only 21 then. My first job, you see).

We called ourselves 'Mga Paremo.'

Divine, Flor and I were temp staff that time and Sarah and Dina were already regular staff. Sarah and Dina never treated us differently and that made the difference. Flor and Divine have already left and are now working for separate companies.

As for Sarah, Dina and myself, we don't see each other that often anymore. Probably because things changed, our lives changed, we changed, I changed. It's hard to think that we're just in a small building but we're all far apart.

I miss the time when...
...we'd have lunch at Sarah's workstation and sleep afterwards inside her boss' office (hehe)
...we'd eat and then order drinks at Tia's during lunch break (hehe)
...we'd chaperone Divine to her dates
...we'd follow Dina to her dates to find out if she needs rescuing
...we'd just hang out at Sarah's workstation after office hours
...we'd accompany Sarah to watch her favorite band play anywhere (think Groupies!!!)
...I'd bring home Dina to her place in Paco, Manila after a night out
...Dina and Sarah would call me 'pare' everytime they see me anywhere in the office
...Dina would laugh real hard at a joke I just said
...we laughed at the detailed story of how Sarah gave birth
...we cried when Sarah was feeling sad and depressed.

I also remember the time when I went home after a night out with the girls and it was already 6am, I thought my dad will not catch me (I also forgot to call that I'll be going home late) but guess what, my dad was outside our house watering the plants (na hindi naman niya ginagawa) and saw me get down from the cab alone (mortal sin yon!!! Wala akong dalang kotse non). I knew he was waiting for me but all he said was "Kumain ka na?" Yaaaaaaay!!!

But I still believe that the best friendship doesn't come when you're together. It comes when you're apart and realize that despite the distance, the friendship is still there...
Miss you, guys!

No comments: