23 June 2010

Wishes...

Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now



Have you ever wished real hard hoping it would be granted? right away?
...that you wished something you want will happen?
...or that you wished the opposite happened?
...or that you wished that it did not happen at all?

I have. A couple of times. During desperate times.

When my mom was sick.
When I blew my top over a simple misunderstanding.
When I made wrong choices, wrong decisions.
When something bad happened to my family or my friends.
Or things I regret saying.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wishing or desiring.
But I have accepted the fact that there are things that cannot be undone.
I just leave it all to Him.


First four lines taken from the song "Airplanes" by B.o.B (featuring Hayley Williams)

No comments: