24 August 2007

Me and My So Called Green Thumb

I like plants. Lalo na yung flowering. Kaya lang, it seems that they don't like me.

When a friend of mine (an officemate) moved to the US in 2002, she left me one of her small plants as a remembrance, eith a note saying, "For dear rheapot, love, ___ =)" I'm just not sure where it is now. Sana, it's not dead yet. I just hope she doesn't get to read this. But she doesn't have to worry, I will never forget her (wag lang niyang tatanungin kung asan yung binigay niyang plant).

When our director's assistant resigned also in 2002, I was fortunate to get the position, and I also inherited her plants, mostly violets. I did not mind at first, because as I said, I like plants, lalo na pag flowering. Kaya lang, my other officemates, everytime they would pass by my workstation, they never fail to comment that I should take care of these plants because the former owner loved them so much. That I will never hear the end of it if she finds out that they died. They keep telling me that I should take care of them, talk to them, water them frequently, but not too frequently (sheeeesh! ano ba talaga?). Then, there's the constant appearance of apids. They said the only solution was to remove them from the plants. So when I was the director's assistant, I was assistant and gardener.

One time, my sister came to my office and saw the plants inside my boss' office. She told me, "Te, you should prune your boss' plants. Ang pangit." Duhhhh!!! Fine. So I pruuuuuuuned the plants as she had suggested. Now, wala na talaga ginagawa yung gardener...

Recently, I have been filling in as our DG's assistant. He was away for more than 3 weeks and yes, he has a plant inside his office. He just got back today and while I was arranging his incoming documents yesterday, the gardener pops in saying "Ma'm, buti na lang naabutan ko kayo, matagal ko nang hindi nadidiligan yang halaman nya sa loob." Oh, no hanggang dito ba naman? Not another casualty. It was our birthday gift to DG this year. Everybody liked it because it was full of leaves -- buhay na buhay! Well, now, its not actually dead dead, but just kalbo.

1, 2, 3..

10, 11, 12...

16, 17, 18...

20, 21, 22...22 leaves still hanging for dear life.
Is that still technically alive?



PS No plants or any living thing were harmed while doing this blog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...You're so funny Weeya! I had the same experience. When my boss went on mission for three weeks, his room was closed the whole time. Thus, no water for the plant. Malaking plant yun eh. Don't know what they call it. When I openned it the day of his arrival, two of its four leaves dried up. Tapos yung katawan nya nakabend sobra...lantang-lanta...buti na lang di nya napansin. hehe

Reeyah said...

Hahahahaha. Pareho pala tayo. Grabe. I really don't know how to take care of plants. Ang alam ko lang, you just have to water them. That's it. I don't want to talk to them, kasi my boss might catch me talking to them and think I'm crazy. hahahahaha. If he only knew. hahahahaha.
One time, I cleaned the leaves using oil. Shucks, mainit pala for the leaves yon. Buti na lang somebody told me before I finished cleaning each one. hehehe.

donna_chocnut said...

Kwela, kakatawa ka Rhea girl, naaliw ako dun! Ang sipag mo nga mag-alaga eh. Meron ka pang nalalaman na pruning, watering, at cleaning. Idol! Naks, may pictures pang kasama, nice, ber good =) Oo naman, BUHAY pa ang plant na yan. Way to go, girl!

Anonymous said...

whoever started this idea kasi of having plants in offices. Duh?! at iasa pa sa assistants. buti na lang yun plant sa loob ng room ng boss ko sobrang laki. it will probably take 1 month straight of no watering to kill it. lucky for me ;-)

Anonymous said...

Am not into plants either kaya I don't have any in the office. One boss left his plants on my workstation - punong puno na ng apids ba tawag dun? As in. Two pots yun. Eh kung dumapo pa sa akin yun at katihin ako?! Know what I did? I asked the janitor to throw it away. Good riddance. May I take care pa ng plants hindi naman inaalagaan. I'm not HB.

Anonymous said...

Hi Reeyah! Morning! How's the plant?

Reeyah said...

Thanks for leaving comments, everyone. I appreciate your concern and concerns. hehe
Anyway, some leaves are turning brown (aka nanunuyot na)..tsk! tsk! I'm afraid that if my boss accidentally bumps the table, all the leaves will finally fall off. hehehehe. Nakakahiya sa mga ka-meeting niya. Should I remove the freakin' plant? to spare my boss the embarrassment.

Reeyah said...

Well, as of 2:21pm, the plant has been removed from DG's room. Teehee!
Bwahaha! Bonsai pala siya. Ang sabi pa "The life span of a bonsai is generally the same as that of the same tree growing in the ground." Hmmm. Can't say the same for the DG's poor plant. *wicked smile*

NOTE: Quoted from "http:// www.vrtx1.com/bonsai/basics/ basic.htm"