18 October 2007

Happy Birthday, Sis!

It's my sister's birthday today.

She's 4 years younger than me, so do the math ;)

When we were younger, when our billiard area was still an open terrace, we used to have an iron swing (a four seater) placed near the marble rails leading to our main door. One time, nearing dinner time, I was sitting on the marble ledge with my back to our garage and my sister was on the opposite ledge facing me (behind her was the swing). I was horsing around, raising my foot to reach her. To avoid being hit/touched, she would sway back and forth. All of a sudden, to my horror, when she swayed back, she lost her balance and fell head first (imagine a diver going in the water). At first, I thought she was okay but when I saw blood, I cried and called for help. It was only then that I realized that she hit her head on the swing's iron support (which was not round but edged). She was rushed to the hospital. That was one of the scariest moments of my life. I thought we were going to lose her and it was all my fault.

Fortunately, there were no broken bones. She sustained a 3-inch cut that needed I-don't-remember-how-many stitches. The surrounding hair had to be shaved so they can stitch up the cut. Like any other scar, it doesn't grow any hair, so it's easily located--but you'll have ask her first before you look for it =). Every time she is reminded of that cut, she would always give me the "GRRRRR" look. That's probably why I'm scared of her (hehehe).

My sister has the stronger personality (e.g., suplada, mataray, lahat lahat na...Bitch ata tawag dun haha), a go-getter, a natural-born leader (she used to be president of DLSU-CSB Pep Squad, KB Chairman, council member in Mandaluyong, etc.). Sobrang dami ng friends, very popular. A typical Libra: diplomatic and urbane, romantic and charming, easygoing and sociable, idealistic and peaceable.

That's my sister. My Best Friend.

Happy birthday! I love you so much, sis!




Check out her blog here.

3 comments:

Bambi said...

Happy Birthday! You will forever be her slave because of what happened ... bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Rose! Lucky of you to have a sis like weeyah. :-)

Reeyah said...

@Bambi: bwahahahahaha!

@Cler: *reeyah blushing*