16 October 2007

Shallow Me

It's almost two weeks since my ankle sprain incident and it has been an office-house house-office thing for me. My Kuya's driver brings me to the office and my uncle (if he's at home) picks me up in the afternoon. Honestly, I don't feel comfortable asking somebody to drive for me but in a situation like this, I have no choice. But I don't mind getting on a cab going home (which I have been doing since Monday).

In the office, I've been glued to my workstation. If I have to photocopy, I just use the front office's copy machine. No problem when I print, the network printer is just a few steps away. If someone requests for a document or information which will require me to do some research in the central files, I just call E to request for it (although I hate having to ask her, I still prefer to do it myself).

I actually miss:

    ...driving to the office and the excitement of knowing if I can get a slot in the basement parking.
    ...going to the cafeteria to get a sandwhich or to have lunch (and get to see my friends there).
    ...going to the copy center and to chat with my department mates along the way.
    ...going to Figaro or to the 3rd floor vending machine for my cappuccino.
    ...Megamall during lunch.
    ...going to Rockwell and Shangri-La on weekends.
    ...going to MusicOne, Oddyssey or Astroplus everytime I go malling just to see what's the latest CD, and to Powerbooks to see the latest books.
    ...shopping.
    ...eating at McDo or Pollo Loco or KFC or Java Man.
    ...going to the gym (the "thrill" of rushing to leave my workstation early to be able to use the equipment I want).
    ...playing badminton, basketball and volleyball (probably have to give up 1).
    ...walking fast.
    ...doing multiple errands.
    ...going down a flight of stairs without difficulty.
    ...watching movies or simply going out with friends.

*SIGH*

2 comments:

Bambi said...

awwww ... poor you. sana gumaling na yan ng todo para makalakwatsa ka na (^_^)

Reeyah said...

Oo nga e. Di bale, nakakagimmick pa rin naman ako =)