1. Friendships are fragile things, and require as much care in handling as any other fragile and precious thing - Randolph S. Bourne
2. The best way to keep your friend is not to give them away - Wilson Mizner
3. "Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary - Amos Bronson Alscott
4. Who ceases to be a friend, never was one.
5. A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud.
6. A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out - Walter Winchell
7. A real friend helps us think our best thoughts, do our noblest deeds, be our finest selves.
8. A friend is someone with whom you can be one-hundred percent yourself.
9. A real friend is a person who, when you've made a fool of yourself, lets you forget it.
10. Having and being a friend means wanting only the best for each other - Alexandra Stoddard
All from God's Little Instruction Book on Friendship, 1996, Honor Books, Inc.