30 July 2007

UAAP

So what's so special about the UAAP?

Ever since my nephew, Nikki, attended Ateneo Grade School (now in Grade 3), it has been a riot everytime the UAAP Season comes around. He's 9 btw, my Kuya's eldest and my godchild. You see, at home, my Kuya, me and my sister Rose are all from DLSU and he's the only one from Ateneo. My sis-in-law is from UST. (Last year, he knew DLSU was suspended but probably did not understand why.)

A typical asaran would go:
Me: Nikki, bili mo naman ako ng Ateneo shirt, mas ok kung may eagle, sige na, please.
Nikki: Sige, Tita. Pero di ba La Salle ka, bakit mo yon isusuot?
Me: Lalagyan ko ng 'X' o kaya ng green na arrow hahahahaha
Nikki: Ayoko nga! Hindi kita ibibili (sabay simangot)

We get the same pang-aasar from Nikki when La Salle is losing...

Nikki: Tita, nood tayo ng UAAP sa TV
Me: Ayoko, natatalo La Salle e
Nikki: Kaya nga tayo manonood e hahahahaha

...or loses.

Nikki (to me and my sister): Talo La Sa-halle! Talo La Sa-halle! Talo La Sa-halle! (non stop) behhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

At a very young age, he gets affected when Ateneo loses. Lalo na if we rub it in. I know, we're bad, but it's just for fun (and he's also enjoying it).

Actually, Nikki now has a kakampi, his younger brother, Raymund, is also now attending Ateneo GS. (When Raymund was in nursery, he used to join us in teasing Nikki when Ateneo loses.) Ratio at home is now 3:2, but I think Raymund is too young to understand. But eventually he'll be feeling the same school spirit, the way Nikki has.

Anyway, we plan to watch the second round DLSU-Ateneo game (DLSU still has one more game in the first round---with NU on 4 Aug). The second round sched usually is released when the first round is over.

Sigh...I just hope they both grow up to be fine Ateneo gentlemen.

5 comments:

Kaje said...

aba magkadugo pala tayo :) sa amin may mga kakampi pa ako...but when the youngest (lasalista) goes to college next year, ewan na lang....he wanna turn into blue yata mweheheh...

it is always fun to watch the games live at araneta...oh imiss the days!!!


GO ARCHERS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope he does...I have nothing against Ateneans ah hehehe

Reeyah said...

Hi, kaje! Hi, cler!
@Kaje: Ako din, I miss watching the games live. Sobrang exciting. Kaya lang sobrang kinakabahan din ako. hahahahaha

@Cler: Ako rin naman, I have nothing against Ateneans. I have a lot of Atenean friends.

Actually, mas madalas pa akong pumunta ng Ateneo ngayon kesa sa Taft...shhhhhhhh.

donna_chocnut said...

oo naman rhea girl, i'm sure your nephews will turn out to be fine ateneans. kumbaga eh a true "man for others". my brother turned out pretty well, hindi mayabang =) masaya nga manood basketball games. kaso hindi ako nakakanood eh. malalaman ko na lang results sa radyo c/o mike enriquez who is a die hard lasalista!

Reeyah said...

hi, chochut!
I have no doubts about it. I'm sure they'll turn out okay. hehehehehe. If he/they decide to transfer to La Salle when they reach college e di mas mabuti hehehehe.